Scope of this Policy
Please understand that whenever you voluntarily disclose Personal Information online this information cannot be made one-hundred percent secure and, in some cases, that information can be intercepted, collected and used by others. However, we work hard to protect your information at all times, and protect your information in several ways. Your information is stored on a secure server that PFAM and its authorized personnel can only access through a password. Additionally, we encrypt your sensitive information to prevent third parties without authorization from intercepting your information when it is in transit to us.
What Information Do We Collect?
We may collect information directly from customers and visitors to our site. Certain features of our site request information from you like your email address, first and last name, organization, phone number and other contact information. We may also collect information you submit to us on our site, such as through “Contact Us” pages, or that you post to our site (e.g., Share Your Stories and request for a speaker).
Information We Collect Automatically. As most web servers do, our server logs access and errors to a file, which can include your IP address, the date and time you viewed our site, which pages or resources you visited, and so on.
How We Use Your Information
We use the information we collect, including personal information, for the following purposes:
- To provide our sites and services, to communicate with customers and visitors, to respond to requests and inquiries, and for other customer service purposes.
- To tailor the content and information that we send or display, to offer location customization, and personalized help and instructions, and to otherwise personalize experiences using the site.
- For advocacy purposes. For example, we may send you news and newsletters, special alerts, or otherwise contact you about information we think may interest you.
- To better understand how users access and use our site and services, both on an aggregated and individualized basis, in order to improve our site and services and respond to user desires and preferences, and for other research and analytical purposes.
- If you share your story with us via our “Share Your Story” page, we may use it--including your name and other personal and health details you provide us here--in our advocacy efforts to push forward legislation for transparency from insulin manufacturers, and ultimately lower prices. That includes sharing your story with the public and lawmakers and members of the media.
How We Share Your Information
It is PFAM’s policy not to disclose, sell or rent your Personal Information to any individual, business, government entity or outside parties except: (i) to provide products or services you’ve requested through us; (ii) in response to a validly-issued subpoena, court order, or other legal process; (iii) when necessary to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal action; or (v) where you request PFAM to do so.
From time to time, PFAM may use return email addresses to answer the email we receive from you. Such addresses are not used for any other purpose. Your Personal Information will not be collected for use that is in violation of the law, or unrelated to what is discussed in this Policy, unless you are also provided an opportunity to opt-out or otherwise prohibit such unrelated uses.
Cookies and Other Tracking Mechanisms
Our site may contain links to, or appear on third-party websites. Any access to and use of such third party websites is not governed by this Policy, but instead is governed by the privacy policies of those third party websites, and we are not responsible for the information practices of such third party websites.
Access to Personal Information
You may modify your information in any of the following ways by emailing us at email@example.com
- See what data we have about you, if any.
- Change/correct any data we have about you.
- Have us delete any data we have about you.
- Express any concern you have about our use of your data.
Please note that copies of information that you have updated, modified or deleted will remain in our systems.
Children Under 13
Our site is not designed for children under 13. If we discover that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we will delete such information from our systems.
If you have questions about the privacy aspects of our site or would like to make a complaint, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Changes to this Policy
This Policy is current as of the Effective Date set forth above. We may change this Policy from time to time, so please be sure to check back periodically. We will post any changes to this Policy, at pfamrx.org/privacy. If we make any changes to this Policy that materially affect our practices with regard to the personal information we have previously collected, we will endeavor to provide notice in advance of such change by highlighting the change on our site, or by emailing Users or notifying them in another manner.